How to Read and Understand Financial Statements
To kick off the workshops, we are starting with one of the most requested: How to Read and Understand Financial Statements.
This workshop is designed for entrepreneurs and business owners who want to sharpen their ability to quickly read, interpret, and apply financial information in their startup or business operations.
You’ll leave with a practical understanding of financial statements and useful tools to intuitively analyze and apply financial statements.
What we’ll cover
- An introduction to financial statements
- The essentials you need to know to quickly and accurately review financial information
- An overview of how the three different financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement) work together and what to pay attention to in each
What you’ll learn
- The most important items to check when reviewing your financial statements
- The basics of how financial statements are prepared, how to spot likely mistakes, and how to ask the right questions
- How to develop your financial intuition and apply it to make better financial decisions
Who should attend?
This workshop is for entrepreneurs, business owners, and managers who may not have a financial background and wish to increase their practical knowledge of (and insights into) financial information.
The workshop includes 90-minutes of instruction, a Q&A session, practical examples of financial statements, a written checklist of best practices, free parking, and light refreshments.
This seminar is taught by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. We cover the fundamentals in an engaging, practical manner. The format is interactive and lively.
Join us if you’d like to sharpen your ability to read, understand, and apply financial information.
About The Common Quest Workshops
Based on your feedback, we've added practical workshops for our second season. The workshop format is designed to go deeper into a topic and help you to work on an important part of your business with an expert in that field. Expect smaller groups of entrepreneurs and highly-practical working sessions where you can work on your own business.